BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rajisivarajan
Calcite | Level 5

how can i design report to show summary value in text in section. E.g: 'Total Items handled per hour : 152'

10 REPLIES 10
sat_lr
Calcite | Level 5

Text object available for full text viewing. But it would be static. As far as I know there is no option to create a full text to show summarized value, provided the value is dynamic and must update automatically.

- satlr

rajisivarajan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I want to display value like this, where the strings are typed text and the numeric figured are from source.

Can I achieve  this in SAS VA Designer (Reporting)?

Total Weight (Kg):           2578

Docs Weight:              578

Non Docs Weight:      2000

Thanks,

Raji

Rune_sas
SAS Employee

Hi Raji,

There are currently no easy way on achieving this.

However if you use "precision" design, you can position a text element next to a small list table without headers. Depending on how data is structured you would need three list tables, "Docs Weight" and "Non Docs Weight" should have a filter do subset it correctly.

I have done similar multiple times. It is more tedious compared to "side by side" layout, but I think the end result is better and you get more flexibility.

Hope it can help you achieve what you need.

Best Regards,

Rune

sat_lr
Calcite | Level 5

hi Rune...I am interested to try this approach. I am using 6.3

could you pls help me how I can access precision design.

greetings

satlr

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi satlr,

A SAS Visual Analytics report layout can be changed in the section property as documented at SAS(R) Visual Analytics 6.3: User's Guide

The default layout of a report is tiled.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
sat_lr
Calcite | Level 5

thanks Michelle. greetings

satlr

skillman
SAS Employee

To get VA to render the way you want it to, you will need to prep the data to include total, docs weight and non-docs weight then add one list table and follow Rune@sas instructions. Preparing the data to show summary details outside of VA you can also add additional filtering capabilities (i.e. if you have specific product names you can sumarize by product name and include a drop-down list filter to show summary data by product). With only one list table you can avoid the need to constantly adjust each of the list tables anytime and instead just adjust one.

I have also done this multiple times and it resonates with the business side.

-shawn

rajisivarajan
Calcite | Level 5

HI Shawn and Rune,

Thanks for your advise.

It works for me.

Thanks.

Rune_sas
SAS Employee

Great Raji, glad to help.

BR,

Rune

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Yes, happy to see you got what you needed, Raji! Can you mark appropriate answers as "correct" or "helpful" so other community members can easily reference what worked?

Thanks!

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 in conversation