BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Oscar
SAS Employee

Hello.

I want   to change   the   error  message  displayed  at  the   login page of  VA,     I  want  to  shows More
information about  of  error  displayed.  The   Authentication  Manager a  VA  is for LDAP   

Is   there an option to alter it   ?

mensajeError.png
1 REPLY 1
RickStyll_SAS
SAS Employee

Oscar, I’m not aware of a way to customize the messages, but you can change the level of information provided in a way that might meet your objective.  There is a setting to ‘display failed logon hints’ that you should see from the Configuration Manager in the SAS Management Console.  This is set to ‘false’ by default so that sensitive security information like the existing of a userid isn’t displayed. That’s why you are just seeing a ‘bad username or password’ message.

If you set it to ‘true’, then you will start getting messages for errors that we can discern like an expired account, etc.

See page 137 in the 9.4 middle tier administration guide for more info: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bimtag/66823/PDF/default/bimtag.pdf.

Oscar, I hope this setting provides the additional information you need.  If not, would you contact Tech Support track and describe specifically what additional information is required?

Rick

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation