BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Bal23
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I tried with "build models". I used a template and am not sure whether the "forest model" is similar to "random forest". From the result on variable important, I don't know why it said "train importance". Is there a place for me to look at "test importance"? And what is "important standard deviation"? One variable has ISD=0, what does it mean? Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

This documentation is for Factory Miner, but it might be helpful as an overview of the Random Forest Model

http://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=fcmrug&docsetTarget=n1tzufyosz12bhn12ls3imd63q94.htm&docse...

Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi @Bal23,

You might also be interested in this documentation that introduces models for SAS Visual Statistics and SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning in the 8.3 release: Getting Started with Analytical Models.

If you're using one of the 7.x releases, then you'll want to look at this edition: Getting Started with Analytical Models.  (It focuses on SAS Visual Statistics, and includes instructions for downloading the data used in the example.)

-Joy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation