BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Kboukaabar
Obsidian | Level 7

I need the rugby  and  insighttoy_sales data sets in SAS Visual Analytics, and can't find them, do I need to load these in the CAS? if so, how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

SAS Visual Analytics comes with some sample reports but the insight_toys and rugby takes are not used by those reports. Were you told by someone that these tables would be available? Are you using a trial version? 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
PetriRoine
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello @Kboukaabar 

Could you please provide a little bit more information so people get a clear picture of your need and are better able to help you?

• Do you have the data sets rugby and insighttoy_sales or are you asking for the data set files to be placed somewhere so you can download them? Or you believe that these data sets are already somewhere in your SAS Viya environment and you want to know how to find these files?
  • If you have the files then in which format (csv, xlsx, sas data set,....)?
  • Are you also asking for instructions how to upload files to CAS?

Best regards,

Petri

Kboukaabar
Obsidian | Level 7
These are supposed to be files that come with SAS Visual Analytics.
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

SAS Visual Analytics comes with some sample reports but the insight_toys and rugby takes are not used by those reports. Were you told by someone that these tables would be available? Are you using a trial version? 

Kboukaabar
Obsidian | Level 7
I am using the SAS Viya for Learners to teach the Data Visualization course which uses SAS Studio and SAS Visual Analytics. How and where then can I access them and how to upload them so the students have access to them? Thanks.
Kboukaabar
Obsidian | Level 7
It has been solved, thanks.
PetriRoine
Pyrite | Level 9

I'm not sure if Insight_toys and Rugby are part of SAS standard set of data sets included, but it is true that SAS installations include some data sets out of the box. The files are spread into two libraries - SAS9 and CAS library:

1. SASHELP library
    SAS data sets that you have to load to CAS f.ex. via SAS StudioV. I didn't see any data set called rugby there, but could be with different name.
    Open SAS Studio V > Libraries > SASHELP
  2. Samples library
    Can be loaded to in-memory with right mouse button.
    Open Manage Data > Data Sources > Samples
    or
    Open VA > Add/Change Data > Data Sources > Samples

Here's a little code snippet which you can utilize should you want to upload some data from SASHELP to CAS:

/* Start a session */
cas casauto;
caslib _all_ assign;

proc casutil;

/* Reads data from SASHELP library and loads it into memory on SAS CAS */
	load data=sashelp.cars casout="my_cars" outcaslib="CASUSER" replace ; 

/* Removes a table from memory on SAS CAS. A table might exist if you have submitted this code before. PROMOTE can't replace tables */
	droptable casdata="my_cars" incaslib="PUBLIC" quiet;

/* Copies a session-scope table to global scope so it's available outside this session */
	promote casdata="my_cars" incaslib="CASUSER" casout="my_cars" outcaslib="PUBLIC" keep; 

run;

/* Terminate session Casauto */
/* cas casauto terminate; */

Brgds,

Petri

Kboukaabar
Obsidian | Level 7

I followed your suggestion below

"Samples library
Can be loaded to in-memory with right mouse button.
Open Manage Data > Data Sources > Samples
or
Open VA > Add/Change Data > Data Sources > Samples, "

and it says "no Item available.

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

A version of the Insight Toy data set is available here:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/va/8.1/insightToyDemo.zip

I am not familiar with the rugby data set.

Kboukaabar
Obsidian | Level 7

It has been solved.  Thanks.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation