BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
analytic_01
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I need to predict the values for Y (dependent variable). Y is numeric but in our case it is not a continuous value but rather a discrete and categorical value with order. The X (independent variables) are categorical values as well. 

I need to predict Y over time, e.g. over the next six months. What is the best way to build this model in SAS Visual Statistics? I was trying to build a time series line chart with the forecast. However, the Y values are aggregated because there are multiple values on a given day. I don't need the aggregated (either sum or average) values. 

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

If you aren't aggregating how are you differentiating between the different values on the same day?

analytic_01
Calcite | Level 5
I guess that's my question...since aggregating the values probably doesn't make any practical sense in our case.
Also, given the data types, is it appropriate to use the series line chart to do the forecasting?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation