BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Genoa
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Experts,

How come the waterfall chart in SAS Viya for Learners only accept categorial variable? I am trying to use it on profit and revenues.

Thanks for any help given.

5 REPLIES 5
MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

Hi @Genoa,

which Data role of the waterfall are you refering to?

Bruehl_1-1659076396439.png

(Image taken in VA 7.5)

Best

Markus

Please keep the community friendly.
Like posts you agree with or like. Mark helpful answers as “accepted solutions”. Generally have a look at https://communities.sas.com/t5/Getting-Started/tkb-p/community_articles
Genoa
Calcite | Level 5
HI Markus, its for the category data role
MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

Hi @Genoa,

for the category you need category variables. @acordes already showed, what you could do.

Best

Markus

Please keep the community friendly.
Like posts you agree with or like. Mark helpful answers as “accepted solutions”. Generally have a look at https://communities.sas.com/t5/Getting-Started/tkb-p/community_articles
acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Look at the structure, it's quite straightforward. 

If you want to visualize revenue vs profit as a waterfall chart, you could convert revenue into categorical variable after binning it.

so 

Step1: binned_revenue=round(revenue, 100000) 

Step2 binned_revenue_cat=format(binned_revenue, best12.)

Step3: Use binned_revenue_cat as categorical variable

data.png

waterfall.png

Genoa
Calcite | Level 5
thanks Acordes, I guess I have to do a conversion on the different cost measures (production cost, marketing cost, etc) as well?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation