BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

hi,

I have created a report which is using esri map for coordinate with hirarchies . Here the problem is when i click on the circle(buble) then it moves then another page of esri map and shows the value of that. (untill now every thing okay but the problem is when i clieck on any circle(bubble) in my map then in next page map zoom level is too high can't able to see the tiles of the map , appears only the circle, again i have to zoom out see the map of circle backgroud).

are the any setting for the map zoom level can be reduced in va (viya 3.5) when linking to next level of data point in map?

6 REPLIES 6
FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

I'm assuming you are referring to the fact that a geo map automatically zooms to a level to show all data points (bubbles). If there is only one data point after hierarchy navigation - it may in fact zoom to the maximum zoom level (=street level) and which may be too far to provide sufficient map context. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do about the auto zoom - other than manually zooming out again. Starting with Viya 4.0 - geo maps support a viewport lock feature (Options -> General -> Enable zoom/pan) which can be used to lock a given map and prevent any auto zoom behavior. Not sure whether you have options to upgrade to a more recent version of SAS Viya / Visual Analytics?

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you so much for the detailed clear information!

Yes , we will think about to upgrade to viya4 to get the latest updates of all viya.

thank you.

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

hi ,

also I would like to ask on esri map, can we provide multiple esri url's in 

localEsriServicesUrl: (environment manager of va) : like below :  https://geoesri/server/rest/services/test1/mapserver/ ,  https://geoesri/server/rest/services/test2/mapserver/  ,

https://acdgeo/server/rest/services/test3/mapserver/

multiple maps of esri so that users wants what ever map they would like to use for the anaysis.

FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

You can only specify a single ArcGIS REST Services Directory. However - typically you would specify the root here - so even though you may have different sub-folders, the actual root (usually ending in ../rest/services) is the same. In your example - the URL to configure would be https://geoesri/server/rest/services. Most organizations only have a single server but maintain a permission based sub folder structure. If security is setup correctly users will only see their individual group/department folders. Make sure to enable Environment Manager property 'localEsriServicesRequiresAuthentication' - so users can logon to the ArcGIS server (via VA's user settings). Hope this helps. Falko

newm6649
Calcite | Level 5

@FalkoSchulz I see the option you refer to but I have a follow-up question. What if I want to allow panning but not on a global map, just a state map for example. Is that possible to set up? I have the map using data for Oklahoma only yet when I load in the report, it is still a global map. Has there been any solution to this?

FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee
So you want to limit map navigation and rendering in general to a subset of the global map? The described option to switch off map navigation is a global setting and not really based on geographical region.
As all provided geo maps are global maps - the only option I see, would be to create your own geo map. This can either be done by hosting your own OpenStreetMap server or by generating an Esri map service and publishing it into an Esri ArcGIS Online or Enterprise Portal. In both cases, one could modify the underlying map around what is rendered and what geographical fences (viewport) and zoom levels are supported. Such map could for instance only render and allow navigation in US mainland. Falko

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation