BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Achraf_Ougdal
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Everyone,

I have a pretty simple challenge but I can't find a way to solve it. The scenario is pretty simple, I have 4 Data Queries, one to load Tables and the other 3 are for creating Star Schemas. I would like to schedule the Data Loading Process, in a way that is starts with the Load Tables Script and after it finishes, it executes the 3 other Data Queries one after the other.

I was looking for a way to do it in SAS Management Console but Unfortunately I couldn't. 

Can you please help me in this matter ? Thank you so much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@Achraf_Ougdal - Have you done any scheduling in SMC before? The first step is to create the SAS program that will be scheduled as a SAS batch job. This needs to be stored in a folder accessible by your SAS server. The next thing is to decide which scheduler you will use. If you right click on Schedule Manager, select New Flow, you should see a window like this which will list all of the schedulers available to you.

SASKiwi_0-1697396743395.png

We use Platform Process Manager, a third=party schedule you can get as part of your SAS licence. By default you should see the other two options listed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Since you refer to SMC, are you using SAS VA 7.5 or some other version? A coded solution will work here, if you are OK with that. Using Schedule Manager in SMC means that is the way you would have to do it anyway. We use this approach just for table loading ourselves and it works well. I haven't checked but it may be possible to export the SQL out of VA data queries to put into a scheduled SAS program.

Achraf_Ougdal
Obsidian | Level 7
Hello, yes we are using SAS VA 7.5. I don't know if there's a way to schedule a Data Query to be executed right after another Data Query Finishes executing.

Otherwise, I am open to any coded approach to do it.

Thank you
Achraf_Ougdal
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello, @SASKiwi , I thought about the following Solution but I can't find a way to implement it.

I exported every single Data Query that I have in Sas Visual Data Bulilder as a job. and I want to deploy those job so that I can Use them in a flow and schedule it.

I was able to export the queries as job but when I try to deploy it, it asks for the physical location of the job that I can't find anywhere. 

I thought about copying the code that I have in each Query and Create a .sas file and paste it in it. Then Place the .sas file in SASJobs so that I would use it in a flow.

I don't know it it's the right way or I'm just messing around.

Can you please validate this idea, If not, How can I find the Physical Location of the job that I have just exported.

Thank you.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@Achraf_Ougdal - Have you done any scheduling in SMC before? The first step is to create the SAS program that will be scheduled as a SAS batch job. This needs to be stored in a folder accessible by your SAS server. The next thing is to decide which scheduler you will use. If you right click on Schedule Manager, select New Flow, you should see a window like this which will list all of the schedulers available to you.

SASKiwi_0-1697396743395.png

We use Platform Process Manager, a third=party schedule you can get as part of your SAS licence. By default you should see the other two options listed.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation