BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jrrc
Fluorite | Level 6

In SAS VS Clustering, I am trying to launch clustering for 30k records, 5 clusters only. But I am receiving this notification "Maximum polylines exceeded...". I went on to set the polylines to 30k, but it went back to 5000. Such number still not able to show my clustering polylines.  Is this the maximum polylines allowed in SAS VS Clustering?

Thanks a in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
varsha_sas
SAS Employee

Five thousand is indeed the hard limit for the number of polylines. Our recommendation is to reduce the other two parameters (number of bins, visible roles) to get a smaller set of polylines. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

It seems there is a limit of 5000. I was not able to find a setting in the administration guide where this property can be increased either.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
varsha_sas
SAS Employee

Five thousand is indeed the hard limit for the number of polylines. Our recommendation is to reduce the other two parameters (number of bins, visible roles) to get a smaller set of polylines. Hope this helps!

jrrc
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for the reply and recommendation. Is there any technical or logical reason behind setting up hard limit of 5000?

varsha_sas
SAS Employee
The main reason for this limit is to avoid downloading a ton of data all at once (there is one array for each polyline). This should help the performance of the visualization.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation