BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
elkinsbe
Obsidian | Level 7

Visual Analytics Question: From a defined Hierarchy, how may I create parameters to display the level of the hierarchical variable? ... so I am using the hiearchy variable in a crosstab table... and on the same section, I wish to have a text box that says, "Hierachy Level" and then have a parameter that shows the level ('Level 1' or 'Level 2' or 'Level 3'). Is there someone out there that can assist me in understanding how to do this -- or perhaps another way to achieve what I'm looking for? Thank yo in advance for your assistances.

1 REPLY 1
taxo00
Calcite | Level 5

This looks very interesting, but I don't understand exactly what it's intended to do. Is it intended to be used to replace the way an Org buffer normally looks? Or is it intended to be used in an indirect, cloned buffer to provide an outline-only view aside the regular view (like org-sidebar-tree)?

If the latter, what happens when text is inserted into the outline in the non-cloned buffer? Does it corrupt the display of the visual-outline buffer? (If not, then you may have invented a solution to this problem, which I haven't yet been able to solve for org-sidebar-tree.)

Thanks for sharing this.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation