BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ChrisWu
Calcite | Level 5

Table 1 is a VA Crosstab Report 

I wish to get the resulting following Table 2a and 2b

1) How can the TIME_PERIOD2 be transposed such that CA_FORM_SUM is assigned as Year1, Year2, Year3?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
akulkarni
Fluorite | Level 6

I can think of two ways to do that.

1. In the crosstab properties, you can have TIME_PERIOD2 as a column and it will categorize your measures. The problem is all your measures will be categorized by TIME_PERIOD2.

2. Another option is to create calculated items for each year. For example, IF TIME_PERIOD2 = YEAR1 then 'Year 1' = CA_FORM_SUM ELSE 'Year 1' = 0

Hope this helps.

ChrisWu
Calcite | Level 5

ok,.. my findings

Option 1: Select and activate the Chart, then Right-side Bar> Data Role to move Data Item to Columns;

Option 2: New Data Item > Calculated item > text: Does Not understand SAS code 😞

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation