BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ZulfiqarMemon
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

Is there is option available in SAS to create Dashboards in VA which uses direct DB tables. I mean no dataset to be involved as dataset hold storage on the server.

Regards,

Zulfiqar

7 REPLIES 7
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Visual Analytics uses either LASR tables (7.x) or CAS tables (8.x and higher). 

ZulfiqarMemon
Calcite | Level 5

Does LASR Table stores data in any File/DataSet.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You can import a variety of data files to the LASR Analytic Server. Specific to databases, you can import database tables from Aster, DB2, Greenplum, MySQL, Netezza, ODBC, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Salesforce, SAP HANA, SQL Server, Teradata, and Vertica. The SAS/ACCESS product for the database must be licensed and configured for the SAS Workspace Server.

Importing Data from Servers 

ZulfiqarMemon
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for guidance. Is import of tables necessary. Will only successful connection with DB not be sufficient. Please correct me that If understand correctly that its possible.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The data must be loaded to the LASR server in order for Visual Analytics to use it. 

ZulfiqarMemon
Calcite | Level 5
Then what is Data Server? I have searched SAS site. What does it contain? In my case it can be DB Server or not, from there data can be loaded into VA. However, any possibility to load data on runtime?
SASKiwi
PROC Star

AFAIK, loading VA data at run time isn't possible and is not feasible as it would cause a huge performance hit. VA relies exclusively on in-memory data storage to provide the necessary performance.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation