BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Chantine
Fluorite | Level 6

Dear everybody,

Me and my colleague started working with SAS VA for our reports which is very nice!! 😄

However, we have some difficulties to solve before we think that the report is sufficient enough for our management. We really hope that somebody can help us to solve this problem.

The problem that we have is that we want to add separate filters in a custom graph where we combine four different graphs. Is this possible? We really hope so, but if it's not we are also happy and have to find a different solution for our report which will look less fancy than the custom graph we created right now.

Looking forward to your responses!!!

Chantine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Thanks for the clarification, Chantine!

As far as I know, it is not possible to filter the parts of a composite graph separately.

You might consider using 4 separate graphs in the "precision layout":

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/68648/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n14cts4z4yzwwmn1h6e0r...

Another possibility might be to use duplicate data items in your composite graphs. So for example, if your custom graph uses "Sales" in a bar chart and in a heat map and you want these to be filtered differently, you could make "Sales (1)" to use in the heat map. So a filter on "Sales" would affect only the bar chart and a filter on "Sales (1)" would affect only the heat map.

Does that make sense?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Welcome, Chantine!

Are you saying that you want separate filters to apply to different parts of a composite graph? Or just that you want more than one filter to apply to (all parts of) the composite graph at once?
Chantine
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi!

Thank you 🙂

We want to apply separate filters on different parts of one composite graph. We were already able to add multiple filters which were applicable to the whole graph at once. This did not solve the problem for us.

Chantine 🙂

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Thanks for the clarification, Chantine!

As far as I know, it is not possible to filter the parts of a composite graph separately.

You might consider using 4 separate graphs in the "precision layout":

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/68648/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n14cts4z4yzwwmn1h6e0r...

Another possibility might be to use duplicate data items in your composite graphs. So for example, if your custom graph uses "Sales" in a bar chart and in a heat map and you want these to be filtered differently, you could make "Sales (1)" to use in the heat map. So a filter on "Sales" would affect only the bar chart and a filter on "Sales (1)" would affect only the heat map.

Does that make sense?

Chantine
Fluorite | Level 6

16-06-16

I discussed the solutions you mentioned in your reply. Unfortunately, we had to conclude that it is not possible to find a solution for our problem right now. We desided to delete the links to other sections and just make these sections accesible with a button without the graph selection.

The solution of the precision layout was an eye opener for us which we have used in a different setting. So thank you a lot for the information. We do know now what to do which is great.

Thanks!!!!

-----------------------------

Thanks for the quick response!!

I am going to try this tomorrow and will update my reaction when I have tried this.

You will hear from me soon!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation