BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Explore_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

we have to use the currency feature format for some columns, like showing negative nos in bracket.

when we choose format as currency by default sas VA is appending the $ sign to the nos.

Does anyone know how we can remove the $ sign from the currency format.

13 REPLIES 13
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

Do you want to show a different symbol other than the $ sign? Or do you want the behavior for negative numbers while having no currency symbol at all? It might be necessary to create a custom format in your data preparation to have no currency symbol.

Sam

Explore_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7
we dont want to show any signs but just wanted to use the formatting for currency.
svobodova_v
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

according to your answer- could you please help me, if I would need the firts possiblity you wrote- I need to change the dollar sign for other currency symbol.

Please, do you know how to do it? 

Thanks a lot!

ballardw
Super User

You might investigate if the SAS format NEGPAREN is available. That would display values of 2000 as 2,000 and -2000 as (2,000) with suitable width (need at least 3 more than you think you need for the (-) characters.

Explore_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7
NEGPAREN format is not available in visual analytics.
Thanks for your inputs.
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Negparen can be set in the Visual Data Builder. I believe it should be honored in your report, but I cannot test it at the moment.
Explore_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

we did cross checked by changing the format to Negparen, but its not reflecting in VA.

looks like that VA supports only those format which are there on UI.

svobodova_v
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I would need an advice about the second option- I need to change the dollar sign for another one. 

Does anyone know how to change the currency symbol please? 

Thanks a lot!

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Hi,

Which symbol do you need?

The CURRENCY format is supposed to display the appropriate currency symbol for your current locale (for example, £ for the United Kingdom). I am not sure how many currencies are supported by this format, but you should give it a try.

We also have the DOLLAR, EURO, POUND, WON, and YEN formats if you want to specify one of those specific currencies.

Does that help?

Sam
Explore_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Sam,

we dont need the symbols in front of the numbers as our column are derived by a parameter. but we definitely need to see the negative number in parenthesis.

when we choose only currency as a option by default it automatically takes $ sign.

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

My reply about CURRENCY was intended for +svobodova_v.

Unfortunately I don't think there is a currently a way to get the NEGPAREN format in Visual Analytics.

svobodova_v
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

thanks for your suggestions. The currency format I would prefer is CZK. I don´t think the CZK is supported format, is it? 

Thanks!

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi svobodova_v,

Base SAS has a NLMNICZK format, but it doesn't appear that the CURRENCY format in VA will output values in CZK. 😞

I tried it with my locale as Czech and I was surprised to see that the format names are localized. So if you are using the Czech user interface, the format I am talking about is apparently "Mĕna".

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation