BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
cmwillis02
Fluorite | Level 6

Is there a way to pass the logged in user into a visualization as a filter.  If I have a sales report that a management level employee is viewing its fine to have a filter in the visualization to select the sales person they want to see.  For individual sales people though I would like to pass their login credentials in as a filter on a duplicate of that same management report.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Up to version 6.2 its not possible to use the users id directly to filter the LARS data, but there is another solution.

You can make usergroups that refer to a certain way of filtering data.  (Read_LASR_george)

Link the user George to this group as a member.  (You can do this directly by user, but I prefer usergroups)

If you mark the data table in the "manage environment" and right click you can set the authorization.

Here you can use the "conditional grand" Read method for read access to the data.

Here you can define the way you want the data to be sorted for George.   (Empl_nr=1111  or something like  Sales_rep='George')

I also use this method successfully in my sales reports.  (Management sees all data, Sales rep only sees his own customers)

Hope this might help in the new year...

Greetings Peter

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
data_null__
Jade | Level 19

Do you have access to the SAS automatic macro variable?

SYSUSERID

cmwillis02
Fluorite | Level 6

Not in VA that I can figure out.  I can accomplish this using code and a stored process in SAS, but it doesn't look like they have this in VA.

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Up to version 6.2 its not possible to use the users id directly to filter the LARS data, but there is another solution.

You can make usergroups that refer to a certain way of filtering data.  (Read_LASR_george)

Link the user George to this group as a member.  (You can do this directly by user, but I prefer usergroups)

If you mark the data table in the "manage environment" and right click you can set the authorization.

Here you can use the "conditional grand" Read method for read access to the data.

Here you can define the way you want the data to be sorted for George.   (Empl_nr=1111  or something like  Sales_rep='George')

I also use this method successfully in my sales reports.  (Management sees all data, Sales rep only sees his own customers)

Hope this might help in the new year...

Greetings Peter

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation