BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
titan31
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Question here for more knowledgable people than myself. We've a lot of unused reports in our Visual Analytics site at the moment. There's 2-300 reports atm from what I can see (and we're only really live with it about 4 months) without even looking at what's in people's own folders. I'd imagine vast majority of these are unused (don't have auditing turned on yet). Before I even turn on auditing, are there any performance impacts of having so many reports in VA? Like in a year, that could be 1000 reports which seems unsustainable but just need to know.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi there,

surely report definitions have NO impact on the performance of sas va.

As long as they are not in view or edit mode, they do not consume any performance and/or memory.

Only Some diskspace needed of cource to store the report definition.

greetings Peter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I don't think the number of VA reports will impact performance much. In my experience report performance is mainly governed by the data volumes and report complexity - number of report items, formulas, derived columns, groupings, rules etc.

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi there,

surely report definitions have NO impact on the performance of sas va.

As long as they are not in view or edit mode, they do not consume any performance and/or memory.

Only Some diskspace needed of cource to store the report definition.

greetings Peter

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation