BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Raven01
Obsidian | Level 7

I am trying to test the load_table.sas for Automating Load for Multiple Tables in SAS Base. I have declared the Metadata Connection string at the beginning of my script, and had successfully assigned the VALIBLA and ODBCLIB library. However, I am having this error:

ERROR: Unable to connect to Metadata Server.

ERROR: Write access to member VALIBLA.datasetname.data is denied.

I have used the LASR admin account to run this, however, it prompts the same error as above. How do I resolve this issue?

8 REPLIES 8
alexal
SAS Employee

@Raven01,

Have you seen any errors in /<SASConfig>/Lev<X>/Web/Logs/SASServer12_1/SASLASRAuthorization7.<X>.log on the middle tier?

Raven01
Obsidian | Level 7

The only error I can see from the log is:

WARN [unknown unknown] com.atomikos.jdbc.JdbcConnectionProxyHelper - Error delegating 'createClob' call java.sqk.SQLFeautreNoteSupportedException: Method org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4Connection.createClob() is not yet implemented.

alexal
SAS Employee

@Raven01,

That message can be ignored. If you see nothing else there, that means "proc lasr" or SASIOLA engine, whichever you using, was not able to connect to LASR Authorization Service.

Have you recently made any changes on the middle tier? For an example, maybe you've configured HTTPS (SSL)? Also, make sure that you have specified a valid META options.

Raven01
Obsidian | Level 7

I have just created a redirect link to my current URL. Will this be an issue?

alexal
SAS Employee

@Raven01,

Yes, if you didn't update the "External Connection" informatiobn for the LASR Authorization Service in SAS Management Console. Check the current value in Application Management -> Configuration Manager -> SAS Application Infrastructure -> Visual Analytics 7.<X> -> Visual Analytics Services 7.<X> -> right-click on the LASR Authorization Service 7.<X> -> Properties -> External Connection.

Raven01
Obsidian | Level 7

The 'Use internal connection information' box is ticked. 

jltz83
Obsidian | Level 7

This sounds like something I've experienced before. In our case, the permissions needed to be changed on the physical directory (and possibly the specific table within that directory) via the Linux operating system. Despite having and admin account, I could not resolve this through Management Console, which operates on metadata. 

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Raven01,

several things I would like to mention here.

1- For fixing the problem, I think we are overestimating and having as a given here that the LASR admin account actually has the permissions. I would start from this point.

Just to be clear, the successful asignment of the libraries, means that you have RM (Read Metadata) on those libraries, but perhaps you do not have Read, Write Metadata or Write on those libraries, of the SAS folders where the tables are going to be registered.

2- In your case, I would use AutoLoad or ReloadOnStart. Have you checked those functionalities on the VA Administration guide? 

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/Auto-start-up-of-LASR-server-after-system-reboot...

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaag/69958/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1s2hnpd892n7fn1dp18x...

(Specially, since you use Public LASR Library, it would make sense to me if you use AutoLoad)

This approach would help you to not re-invent the wheel. If there is something maintained by SAS, why should you? I mean, custom code is always an option and that is why SAS leaves it open, but AutoLoad works really well.

I hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Juan

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation