BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
aditi0424
Fluorite | Level 6

Untitled.png

Hi Experts,

I want to link my tables to create visualizations in SAS VIYA just like the feature in SAS VA(please refer the image above). Just help me with my explorations if this options is yet feasible with the upgraded version i.e, SAS VIYA.

8 REPLIES 8
aditi0424
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi @juan$_OCS, So for that I will have to write the code in sas studio after creating a cas connection. Also, just curios to know if there is any GUI option to do the same just like we have in SAS VA as I would need to create my data model prior to creating visualizations.
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @aditi0424,

did you had the chance to read the second link?

aditi0424
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @JuanS_OCS,

Just checked the second link. Since I am working on trial version of SAS, I could not see the required options there. Attaching the screenshot of the same. Please let me know if I am missing on any component of the trial version.

Thank you so much for your patience and help. 

check.png

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @aditi0424,

what does "trial version" means exactly? Meaning:

- is it a trial on SAS website?

- is it a pilot/PoC in your own intranet or your cloud?

- is it a trial from a third party provider?

aditi0424
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi @JaunS_OCS,

SAS has provided a demo version of SAS VIYA with 14 days trial on their website only.
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @aditi0424,

it might be due to the version or permissions set for the trial.

I would contact the email communicated in your contract for the trial, for this purpose.

Bogdan_Teleuca
SAS Super FREQ

Hi,

You can create a star schema with a proc cas table.view cas action:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Query-Performance-Use-a-CAS-Star-Schema-in-SA...

or 

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Automatic-Data-Loading-with-a-CAS-Data-Source...

The code is based on SAS Viya 3.5.

Bogdan Teleuca is a Senior Technical Architect in the Global Enablement and Learning (GEL) Team within SAS Research and Development Division.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation