BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JustinCase
Fluorite | Level 6

When in a multiple line graph two or more measures have (approximately) the same values at a certain category value the lines come close to each other at that point. When hovering over the data point not one but two data tip value boxes pop up, but the information in both is identical. Seems quite redundant to me. How can I bring this down to only one data tip value box.

See the screenshot below:

JustinCase_1-1623676249108.png

Total Sales Middle and Calculated Item 1 have the exact same value at Weeknumber 1. I do understand why a double data tip value box pops up: I'm hovering over two lines. But the two boxes are exactly identical. That's why I want only one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

To follow up on this, I have relayed this thread to the dev team and they will explore changing the behavior when multiple lines have identical data tips.

Thanks,

Sam

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately I don't think there is a way you could hide one data tip and keep the other.

In many circumstances where we have overlapping lines (if you have a Group variable assigned, for example), the data tips would not be identical.

Sam

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

To follow up on this, I have relayed this thread to the dev team and they will explore changing the behavior when multiple lines have identical data tips.

Thanks,

Sam

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation