BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pratikjageera
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi ,

How can I map my Treemap be colourful. Defining Display Rule for group of data is fine but what if I have numerous distinct values.

Let me explain a bit more.

For example my data contains : User , datasets , size of dataset , age (no of days since created).

I want to arrange the treemap on the basis of size of datasets to find which all users are accounted for large space consumptions.

When I drag and put users in the treemap all the users get same colour.

I want diff colour for each user.

Please let me know if I sound verbose/ambiguos , I will attach some screenshots.

Regards

Pratik Singh

4 REPLIES 4
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Pratik,

If you are after a different colour for each user, you may want to use a Graph-Level or Report-Level display rule where you can specify the color for each user. Some information on this can be found in the SAS Visual Analytics User Guide: Add Report-Level Display Rules.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
pratikjageera
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Michelle ,

My point is that if I have a report whose data is refreshed weekly and the users(no of users is large and not constant) are added/removed, in that case it will be hard to follow this approach. Here in order to make it look colourful I have added the display rule on sizeofdatasets (0-5 blue ,5-10 red etc)which is the deciding parameter for the size of the boxes in treemap.If I remove that display rule all user will be of default colour and defining a different colour for all users manually will take lots of effort.

Capture.PNG 

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi,

i understand. Display Rules are good for static category data types. You can use a color on a measure type data item in a tree map. If you change sizeofdataset to a measure, it can be used in a role that determines color and you have options in the properties tab to change the gradient color.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Maybe a bar chart that ranks the data sets by size or by user is a better choice for how you want to see the data.

I think you have to decide if its more important to see all the datasets/users at once (if so use the treemap) or to see the top 10 datasets/users eating the space (if so use a bar chart).  

Just a suggestion.

Tricia A

Zencos Consulting 

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation