BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sridhar_m
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am facing issue while creating Top 3 customers as a common filter. So that I can use it for the remaining reports.

Otherwise how I am going to use Top 3 from Rank as a parameter.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks in Advance,

Sri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Sri,

Creating a top 3 ranking in a Visual Analytics report is easy, and it sounds like you already have that. Yes?

I am not sure I understand the rest. Do you want to display the first, second, and third place rankings in separate charts?

I believe that if you need to retrieve specific ranked values (for example, the customer with the 3rd highest score) it might be best to precalculate these rankings as part of your data preparation. This type of data handling is easier when you use SQL or a SAS DATA step rather than the tools within Visual Analytics.

As an alternative, you might try creating a button bar control that enables the report user to select between the top 3 customers. The three would not all be visible at the same time, but otherwise this might be a good solution.

Sam

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CurtisMackWSIPP
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

You are going to have to provide more information if you want an answer.

What SAS tool are you using?  What does your data look like?  Are you coding a solution or using a GUI tool?

sridhar_m
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear Curtis,

Yes, I am using SAS Viya for the reports creation. Here I am showing Top 3 customers in barchart. and in another bar chart I want to show top1 customer related Top 3 scores only , and 2nd bar chart I want to show top 2nd one related Top 3 scores only, and 3rd bar chart I want to show top 3rd one related Top 3 scores only. 

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Sri 

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Sri,

Creating a top 3 ranking in a Visual Analytics report is easy, and it sounds like you already have that. Yes?

I am not sure I understand the rest. Do you want to display the first, second, and third place rankings in separate charts?

I believe that if you need to retrieve specific ranked values (for example, the customer with the 3rd highest score) it might be best to precalculate these rankings as part of your data preparation. This type of data handling is easier when you use SQL or a SAS DATA step rather than the tools within Visual Analytics.

As an alternative, you might try creating a button bar control that enables the report user to select between the top 3 customers. The three would not all be visible at the same time, but otherwise this might be a good solution.

Sam

sridhar_m
Obsidian | Level 7
Dear Sam,
Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Yes, I am trying the same way while data prep.
Once again thank you so much.
Regards,
Sri

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation