BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
catmeow
Calcite | Level 5

Hi people.

I wonder there is any way to display the latest date range on parameters (drop down lists) automatically when the data is newly updated.

I'm using Visual Analytics 7.3 mostly to show monthly reports and I edit whole pages manually for changing date range every time after uploading data sets.

I think this is a somewhat broadly known problem and have read lots of posts about this, but still working on it...

And one more question -- Think this problem would be solved if I update 7.3 to version 7.4?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'm using 7.4 and while the slider updates with the latest date showing in the scale, the pointer doesn't and remains on the date available when I last saved the report. Is this the behaviour you see?

catmeow
Calcite | Level 5

Hi. That's exactly same what I'm having now. Any solution? :'(

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@catmeow - Actually, I checked this out again and in VA 7.4 there is an option that ensures the pointer moves to the maximum dynamic date by default. In the Slider properties tick the Set value to dynamic maximum:

screenshot24.JPG

catmeow
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the commenting! I hope this works well 🙂

Btw I'm also looking for the same solution that shows latest date range in Drop down list automatically..

It'll be appreciated if you let me know any info about this.

Thanks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation