BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Irinas
Calcite | Level 5

Hello. I am using VA 7.3 in windowing environment.  Until now to send reports' URL to the customer I used sending by an e-mail functionality. Everything worked fine. Recently, according to security's request, access to sending e-mails from VA server was closed  by administrator. I tried to find another way of sending URL to the specific report without any luck.

Any help on the subject will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you in advance.

Irina. 

3 REPLIES 3
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You can construct the URL manually. See this topic in the documentation. The link is for 7.4, but the information is the same for 7.3. 

Using URL Parameters to View a Report

Irinas
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you very much!
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Irina,

In VA 7.5 and 8.3, you can generate the report URL from the main menu.

In 7.3, if you cannot access the Email window then you can generate your report URL from scratch. Here is some doc about that:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/68648/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p12ka7e26e9sz3n16utqd...

(This is the same link Madelyn provided)

Basically, you will take the link to your Visual Analytics Viewer application and append the report name and location to it using parameters.

For example, if I want to link to a report named "My Report" in the /Public folder, I would use this URL:

http://myserver.com:7980/SASVisualAnalyticsViewer?reportPath=%2FPublic&reportName=My%20Report

Note that you will need to substitute "%2F" for the "/" character and "%20" for the space character. And so on, if you have any other special characters in your report path or report name.

Let know if you have any luck, and we can help you troubleshoot if it is not working for you.

Sam

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation