BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

You need the AND operator rather than OR with NotContains. You want records where the field doesn't contain "warden" AND doesn't contain "EMSC". One of those things where boolean logic doesn't match normal grammatic sense in English.

Incidentally, I notice that in the case of "warden" you are upper-casing the field and then searching for the lower-case text, so that won't exclude any records.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

You need the AND operator rather than OR with NotContains. You want records where the field doesn't contain "warden" AND doesn't contain "EMSC". One of those things where boolean logic doesn't match normal grammatic sense in English.

Incidentally, I notice that in the case of "warden" you are upper-casing the field and then searching for the lower-case text, so that won't exclude any records.

mattneo
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi nigel, it works! Thank you very much. I thought the AND operator works
only if warden and EMSC are in the same title, but i want to exclude titles
that contain either or.
Wow seems like rule for inclusion and exclusion interpret the operators
differently. Mind boggling!
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Glad that's sorted. Please mark it as solved.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation