BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Kal_ETL
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I added a stored process with a html output, this html has some css to show somekind of fancy html rounded squares that should display the values in percent of some metrics. I see that is not possible to use parameters from list objects so need to use drop down list. When user chosse an item from the drop down list, i need to display and refresh the values in my html rounded squares, also in the same window where VA is displayeng since on my test it opens on a new window with no parameter value. I am following something based on this:

https://www.zencos.com/blog/sas-va-tip-building-a-link-to-download-source-data/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-ZWxX4jxRU

Does anybody did somenthing like I am looking to do?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Renato_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @Kal_ETL,

If I understood you correctly, you are trying to pass parameters from a control object in VA (drop down in your case) to a stored process. If my assumption is correct, I'm afraid this is not possible.

There are two ways that stored processes can be leveraged in VA:

1. The first method is using the stored process object. The stored process oject allows stored processes to be embedded in the VA report, but you can only pass parameters to it via stored process prompt interface (question mark icon that shows up when you click in the stored process object border - please see the figure below). You cannot pass parameters coming from other VA objects.

Stored Process Prompt Interface.PNG

2. The second option is via linking. This method allows for parameters to be passed to stored processes from other VA report objects, but the stored process is not embedded in the VA report. The stored process output is presented in a separated browser window. Because parameters must come from objects that are not control objects, the blog from Zencos explain how to collect prompt values from control objects and place them in another object (a list table from example) as a proxy to link to the stored process.

If you want embedded stored processes and their prompts visible all the time, you will need to implement your own prompt interface as an HTML form. This SAS Global Forum paper may be helpful: http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings16/SAS6361-2016.pdf

Best,

Renato

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Renato_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @Kal_ETL,

If I understood you correctly, you are trying to pass parameters from a control object in VA (drop down in your case) to a stored process. If my assumption is correct, I'm afraid this is not possible.

There are two ways that stored processes can be leveraged in VA:

1. The first method is using the stored process object. The stored process oject allows stored processes to be embedded in the VA report, but you can only pass parameters to it via stored process prompt interface (question mark icon that shows up when you click in the stored process object border - please see the figure below). You cannot pass parameters coming from other VA objects.

Stored Process Prompt Interface.PNG

2. The second option is via linking. This method allows for parameters to be passed to stored processes from other VA report objects, but the stored process is not embedded in the VA report. The stored process output is presented in a separated browser window. Because parameters must come from objects that are not control objects, the blog from Zencos explain how to collect prompt values from control objects and place them in another object (a list table from example) as a proxy to link to the stored process.

If you want embedded stored processes and their prompts visible all the time, you will need to implement your own prompt interface as an HTML form. This SAS Global Forum paper may be helpful: http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings16/SAS6361-2016.pdf

Best,

Renato

Kal_ETL
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you @Renato_sas. Your options was very clear for me and help me to find another way to do my requirment.Option 1 was the best choice.

Regards!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation