BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
proshah10
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Guys,

I am using SAS Visual Analytics 7.3 and I still a beginner. I work at Electronic Arts and I wouls like to share a problem that I am facing.

I am trying to create a stacked bar chart which is normalized to 100%. 

Lets say my

category is: Date

Measure is: Number of Events

Group: Result.

So essentially I would like to see for each day, the different types of results stacked on top of each other normalized to 100%.

So far I have been able to do it.

But the Problem is:

I want to add a data tool tip that would give me the sum of a bar not just value of one piece in the stacked bar of each day. If i try to create an aggregated measure where I sum by group the number of events, it still gives the value of one piece which is not what i want. And if I try aggregate measure where I sum by all, then it gives me the sum of all the bars not one bar.

Please help?

EDIT:

My data looks like as follows:

I have a field called result, and it has several different values such as a,b,c,d. There is a count of these events for each date. So i would like to see how the distribution of these events change over time using a stacked bar chart and i would like to normalize it 100%. For further reference a sample excel sheet is attached.

3 REPLIES 3
TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello proshah10,

Can you please provied the sample data....

Thanks & Regards,

Teja Surapaneni

proshah10
Calcite | Level 5

I have updated the post with sample data and further explanation of the data

sundeep15685
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Proshah,

It looks like you need to group it taking the sum of all events by each day. 

You remember the BASE SAS by statement, any aggregate operation we do will apply to the by variable groups.

This is my naive idea about the problem, Think in these terms. You should get the solution.

Thanks

Sundeep

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation