BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ghartge
Quartz | Level 8

I feel silly asking this but I cannot figure out how to place a measure in a cross tab and have a category "below" it. I have attached a PDF of a screen shot that shows divisions here at my college as rows, Term_Year as a column and a course count and a status count as measures. This all well and good, but the user wishes to have each measure grouped by year instead of measure. In other words;

Course Count                 Status                               Number_of_Seats_Filled

2016 | 2017 | 2018        2016 | 2017 | 2018           2016 | 2017 | 2018

instead of

2016                                                                                  2017

Course Count  | Status   | Number_of_Seats_Filled         Course Count  | Status   | Number_of_Seats_Filled          etc.

Everything is summed dynamically based on selections in drop-boxes so I cannot create the values and display them. Their old report in Crystal Reports did this so I am guessing I am just missing something obvious.

Thanks as always for your help.

Gary

2 REPLIES 2
PetriRoine
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello @ghartge 

I see options for you:

1. Wrangle data to fit your need

Your data has now own variables for Course Count, Status and Number_of_Seats_Filled. You could manipulate data to have these as one variable and another variable to define the data description [Course Count, Status, Number_of_Seats_Filled]. Then you would use this new data description variable in your Cross tab role Rows.

2. Almost the same appearance as wanted??

Ghartge.PNG

Not a perfect solution, but hopefully these ideas help even a little.

Best regards,

Petri 

ghartge
Quartz | Level 8

Hello PetriRoine!

Thank you for the response. Yes, we looked at your suggestion prior to our post but that will not work for the user. It is odd to me that SSRS (Microsoft SQL), Crystal Reports, and others will allow what we are trying to do.

Thank you,

Gary

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation