BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
EnricoLSJr
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

Just want to ask for help on this, can anyone give me any idea on why this occuring.(See screenshot below).

Iam new in SAS VA and just want to know how to figure out the cause of this error. It is weird becuase after a few minutes the SAS VA worked and starts normally without doing anything.

I am hoping for your response and any answer is much appreciated.

Service Temporarily Unavailable.png

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi Enrico,

Welcome to the SAS Support Communities! I've moved your question to the SAS Visual Analytics Community so that the knowledgeable SAS VA experts here can help you.

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

avvy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Enrico,

This normally happens when SAS Services are down. Ask your Admin to restart the SAS Services and wait for 33-40 minutes after the services are restarted.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Abhishek

EnricoLSJr
Calcite | Level 5

Hi avvy,

Thank you for your reply. However, I think besides from down services, it is weird that when we encountered the issue, we started to investigate it thru looking on its logs but upon looking on logs someone informs me that the SAS Visual Analytics Web Appliation in now up and users are able to log-in on it.
Do you have any other idea on what happens other than down services? Your help is appreciated.

Thank you very much.

EnricoLSJr
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Everyone,

Upon observation we encounter this error every time users try to connect/log-in to the SAS VA and after encountering the issue and 20-30 mins of waiting, the SAS VA works even WITHOUT performing any action - its like a magic that someone states abracadrabra and its booooomm SAS VA works.. I am confused and no idea whats happening.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Hi Enrico,

You can check on the SAS Web Application Server log, and look for the server start up time

The log will show information like "Server startup in xxxxxxx ms"

The same log will show if the web application server is restarted.

You can refer SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Middle-Tier Administration Guide, Third Edition for Middle-Tier Log Locations

Thanks.

Teo

EnricoLSJr
Calcite | Level 5

Hi teoks82,

Thank you for your response and it helps, now I can check when the server was restarted or if the server was restarted .

But my real problem is there is server restart happened on the time we encounteredd the error/issue, that why I was thinking if is there other thing you know how to determine the cause of this error/issue?.

Thank you.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation