BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Sanjay_Shukla
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi Team,

Is there a way to have 'Select All / Select None' feature or option in a multi select list item control? I have a list item populated with cities and wanted to have an option yo either select all or none.

Many Thanks.

Sanjay.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Hi Sanjay,

I don't have a copy of VA 7.1 handy, but in VA 7.3 you can right-click on the list control and select "Select All" or "Clear Selection".

Does that work for you in VA 7.1?

Thanks,
Sam

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Hi Sanjay,

I don't have a copy of VA 7.1 handy, but in VA 7.3 you can right-click on the list control and select "Select All" or "Clear Selection".

Does that work for you in VA 7.1?

Thanks,
Sam
Sanjay_Shukla
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes Sam. It does. Thanks a lot.

ashishj816
Quartz | Level 8

i know that i want after selecting "clear Selection" it shows all data  i want it should how no data as none of value is selected in list table.

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi @ashishj816,

As I mentioned in your other post, have you set up interactions between your check list and the list table? Select the Interaction View button from the Interactions tab - do you have a line with a filter from your check list to the list table?

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
Frank_Boekamp
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Sam,

Using the modern viewer (HTML5) in SAS VA 7.3 I can not find the option to right-click on the list control and select "Select All" or "Clear Selection".

Is this option missing in SAS VA 7.3?

Thanks,

Frank

maverickkub
Obsidian | Level 7

I have been facing the same issue whike trying to view the report. It is available in edit mode though the end user would always need it in the view mode.Kindly provide a solution to this

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

It seems your question is unrelated to this thread as it is about the action items on a report rather than selection list. To answer your question, whether a report is editable for an end user depends on the capabilities they have enabled by your SAS VA administrator and the roles they have. While you may have edit mode, an end user generally will have view mode if the roles for your end users have been configured this way. Best to check with your SAS VA administrator.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
maverickkub
Obsidian | Level 7

@MichelleHomesHi. I think i got the answer. though my question was verymuch related to the thread and the post.Thanks anyway.It would be be great if we can fix this issue n the next version as this an important aspect.

Regardr.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The Select All and Clear Selection options for list controls are not available in the modern version of SAS Visual Analytics Viewer. The only workaround is to change to the classic version of the viewer. Individual users can do this in their Settings. To force everyone to use the classic version, an admin can set the vav.ui.mode property to classic. This global property overrides individual preferences. Instructions for setting the property are in the SAS Visual Analytics Administration Guide: http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/va/7.3/en/vaag.pdf

maverickkub
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks.I just wanted to know if there was something I was missing  from my end.

don21
Quartz | Level 8

But, is there any other way to this? because not all the higher management likes to right click and deselect each time.. can we create another gauge and make an interaction which can bring back to global level when we click on it.. is it possible?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 8 in conversation