BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mattneo
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi there. I am perplexed on how the section link filter works. Please see attached picture on the screenshots. Basically i have a cross tab that show the number of cases closed. One of the filter applied is to only show for "non-appeals". Number is shown as 2.

I've linked this crosstab to a list table in another section. However the list table is showing 3 cases instead of 2. The third one is "appeal" which was filtered out in the crosstab, but why show up at the linked list table?

As the screenshot show, i have checked the "Apply section link filters", so shouldn't the filters at cross tab be applied when showing info in the list table? What am i missing? I am sure some of the other filters were applied otherwise i will see hundreds of other cases in the list table. But why not for this "appeals/nonappeals" filter? Don't tell me i need to apply the same filters manually again in the list table, which defeat the purpose of linkage? Is there a limit to the number of filters that can be brought over thru linkage? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

Section link filters depend on actual selection. So in order to trigger a filter update in other sections - you would need to select data elements (e.g. table row, bubble, list item, etc.) in your first section. Instead of a fixed filter in the filter panel for the 'appeals tags' -  you could use a list or drop-down component instead (so part of your report). Then a related selection in that list should also trigger a filter interaction in other sections.

Hope this helps. Regards, Falko

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

Section link filters depend on actual selection. So in order to trigger a filter update in other sections - you would need to select data elements (e.g. table row, bubble, list item, etc.) in your first section. Instead of a fixed filter in the filter panel for the 'appeals tags' -  you could use a list or drop-down component instead (so part of your report). Then a related selection in that list should also trigger a filter interaction in other sections.

Hope this helps. Regards, Falko

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation