BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
C_Golen
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am preparing a map on SAS Viya which should show the some of the countries and their values. 

The problem is some of the "SAS Map ID Values" doesn't match with map. (From the option it is chosen as SAS Map ID values and Map provider is OpenStreet. on the other hand I tried ESRI maps too.) 

Example Country Map ID: GB-BY // Code Value: Liverpool (Also there is not any ID for London?) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

The reference page you are looking at is for VA 6.3 and likely very, very out of date. Was that the version that was suggested by search results?

Try this one:

https://support.sas.com/rnd/datavisualization/vageo/85/subdivs.html

It looks like Liverpool is in Merseyside, which has a code of GB-E11000002.

The region for London is "City of London" and has a code of GB-E09000001.

As I understand it, the names we use in VA come from an external vendor and we cannot really change them. So you will notice some quirks such as "Bristol, City of" and "City of London" in the same list of names.

Let us know if that helps,

Sam

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
C_Golen
Obsidian | Level 7

C_Golen_0-1634727507104.png

For instance this the map that I created by using SAS Map ID Values. As you can see there is not any point on located UK. There's GB-** codes in dataset. I provide the country codes from here: http://support.sas.com/rnd/datavisualization/va63geo/subdivs.html

But they are not visible on the map.

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

The reference page you are looking at is for VA 6.3 and likely very, very out of date. Was that the version that was suggested by search results?

Try this one:

https://support.sas.com/rnd/datavisualization/vageo/85/subdivs.html

It looks like Liverpool is in Merseyside, which has a code of GB-E11000002.

The region for London is "City of London" and has a code of GB-E09000001.

As I understand it, the names we use in VA come from an external vendor and we cannot really change them. So you will notice some quirks such as "Bristol, City of" and "City of London" in the same list of names.

Let us know if that helps,

Sam

C_Golen
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your quick reply!

We've tried yesterday and it worked with %100 matches on the map.

Thanks again. 👍

CG

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Excellent! Thanks for following up with us 🙂

Sam

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation