BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
saspert
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I am trying to upload an excel file into SAS VA personal folder with my name. The spreadsheet has only 1 tab with ~ 17000 rows. I have two measures - impressions and spend. I want the graph to have both measures on Y axis. Also I need the X axis to be time dimension (which means 1 bar for each month) and the bars to be split by product.

VA is allowing me to have 5 different graphs all adjacent to each other but I would like to combine them all and split the bars instead with different colors.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,
saspert

Message was edited by: Raj Addepalli

6 REPLIES 6
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi

To assist with your question, it would help the community if you could provide a screenshot of what you have and what you are aiming for. Please elaborate on what you mean by "split the bars instead with different colors."... It seems that you may simply need some guidance on your data item properties and role assignment to match your requirements. Furthermore, please explain what version of SAS Visual Analytics you are using and whether this is in the Explorer or Designer interface.

A good article to read on how to get the most out of the SAS Support Communities can be found at How to ask a question in SAS Support Communities? Please review this and also the useful comments in the post.

In case you aren't aware, your question has been posted in the general Discussions group rather than the specific SAS Visual Analytics community where there are dedicated SAS Visual Analytics users who will be able to share their thoughts.

Anna Brown is the community manager of the group. Anna - can you please move this question into the SAS VA community?

Thanks,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Thanks Michelle! I've just moved the question to the SAS Visual Analytics Community, Raj Addepalli, where I'm sure you'll receive perspective from other SAS Visual Analytics users.

Best,

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

saspert
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks Michelle - I did not notice the group for Visual Analytics. It has been a while since I am back in this community.

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Raj,

If I understand correctly, you want to make a stacked bar chart like this:

stackbar.png

But with two measures on the Y axis.

Unfortunately, you cannot assign a grouping variable to a bar chart that has two measures on the response axis.

Was that what you wanted to do?

Thanks,

Sam

saspert
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks Sam  for the note. This is every close to what I was looking for.

Allycat
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Was this the sort of what you were after?

Capture.PNG

I'm not sure about the 2 bars but I can't see how it would work with the 2 bars stacked with the 2 groupings.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 in conversation