BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sanjeev
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm using Windows authentication and currently my users must login by entering their userid in the form <domain name\userid>.

But users are at times forgetting to enter the domain name. Is there a way to default to a given domain name so users can just login using only their userid?

6 REPLIES 6
jacquesd
Calcite | Level 5

I think it should work if you add the <domain name>\<userid> when adding a uder in SAS Management Console. Let me know if this does not work

Sanjeev
Fluorite | Level 6

Here's how I've set it up:

In the 'Accounts' tab of create new user, I definitely have it in the form domain name\userid.

In the General tab, I have the users  full name in the Name field.

But the users still have to enter the domain name when logging into VA. Still not working....

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Please check out the ldap settings

SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Security Administration Guide, Second Edition

maybe there is the problem, your setup does not refer to the ldap servers.

greetings.

Peter

Sanjeev
Fluorite | Level 6

My understanding is we're not using LDAP as this is a Windows Server 2008 R2 installation authenticating against AD.  Or does LDAP always come into play?

boschy
Fluorite | Level 6

It depends on your server and application configuration.

But being a Windows box, my guess is that SAS authenticates to Active Directory.

boschy
Fluorite | Level 6

At our site, the LDAP settings and security layers mean that I have to add user accounts in metadata as:

blah123@domain.yyy.zzz

However, SAS VA authenticates directly to LDAP Enterprise Directory using their main user ID, i.e. blah123. So they don't need to add @domain.yyy.zzz when logging on to VA.

The LDAP authentication system options are in our SAS config file. They handle the domain suffix. (In the metadata server log, user logins appear as blah123@domain.yyy.zzz)

Possibly Windows Active Directory SAS system options exist that pass the domain\user ID to the SAS metadata server for the identity account look-up?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation