BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DharmeshTadvi
Fluorite | Level 6

Untitled.jpg

Hi i want to filter out data like whenever user select any particular year so less then that year all year's Due Amount's sum should reflect in text box !! any idea how can i do that  ? please help 

Or any other alternative way

6 REPLIES 6
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

If you are using SAS Visual Analytics 7.4, you can use a Dynamic Text Object to achieve what you are after https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/SAS-Visual-Analytics-trick-Use-a-button-bar-a...

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

If I understand you correct your report now only show due amout for the selected year (2019 in this case) but you want it to show all years prior to 2019, is that correct?

If so you need to use a parameter assigned to the drop-down list. You also need to remove the drop-down from the prompt area and instead put it on the report area (where the bar chart is located).

Assign the parameter and then create filters for the bar chart and text objects saying (due_date_year < [parameter].

I am on the right track 🙂 ?

//Fredrik

DharmeshTadvi
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

As you suggested I did that but my problem not solved yet,

Let me explain you .... I want to show Due_Amount when I select any year <= that year's Total Due Amount should reflect in graph .

Month wise and organization wise you can say cumulative add on. I am sending you data file also if you need.va.jpg

FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Can you desctribe the wanted outcome in a graph och drawing, maybe easier for me to understand 🙂

Do you want the figures to be accumulated for each month within the selected year?

//Fredrik

DharmeshTadvi
Fluorite | Level 6

ok....wanted outcome is like ...whatever Year I select that year's month should reflect with value of Amount , now value i want is month's value should be cumulative by Organization.

for example : FEB 2015 value is 1987066 then it should be add on in next month in March 2015  = march's value + previous value

now when i select April 2015 its's value should be April value = FEB's value + march's value + april's value 

and it should be dynamic ....based on Organization variable ,,,thank you for helping

FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I think you can do that with an aggregated measure showing YTD.

Right-click on the measure and select "Create-YTD" (or what it is called in english).

//Fredrik

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation