Are there any other advantages for having multiple LASR servers except

- setting security

- allocate memory 

Filip

3 REPLIES 3
alexal
SAS Employee

@Filipvdr,

That's it, plus I would add that you can run LASR server using different TKGrid installations with a different number of worker nodes.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @Filipvdr,

I fully agree with @alexal, that would be, from the technical point of view.

From the business point of view, I would like to add that the benefit (of the technical benefits) is that you can separate "tenants" or business units, and backcharge by load.

Another one, also business related, is that you can separate data loaded in controlled way (by IT or developers) from the data loaded by self-service such as some autoloads or the GUI import (such as import excel files). Hence, again backcharging, but also you ensure the main data (controlled) will load always, and disk/RAM won't be eaten by self-service. 

Filipvdr
Pyrite | Level 9

So for example if one user loads a big dataset into a library on this LASR Analytic server, and he's going to explore this the other users on the same LASR Analytic server will "notice" this?

Does creating another LASR Analytics server for exploration solves this problem? Or do the other users still feel the workload on the complete machine created by this other user?

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation