BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mimran
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am using SAS Viya environment 3.2 [Viya release V03] enterprise edition, the product is install on Linux on multiple machines; one MAS, one is CAS, and six workers. I am not able to map a shared network drive to use as a data source. Here what I am doing:

Going to SAS Visual Analytics > click on Data > click on Data Sources > click on cas-shared-default > click on Connect

Under connection settings; enter Name, Server; cas-shared-default > Type; File System > Select source type; PATH

Under settings [Specify the PATH connection information], \\san1\data

When I click on Test Connection, I am getting the following error. 

[

The path specified for caslib Shared is not an absolute path:\\san1\data/. The action stopped due to errors. 

code:2-0-2640551

property: PERM_NOT_ABSOLUTE

uri:/casManagement/servers/cas-shared-default/caslibs

path:/SASDataExplorer/ui/datasources/validation

tracedId:f343390a0c1409c3

]

Please let me know if anyone can lead to resolve this issue. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @mimran,

yes, you need a cifs mount, that will make a normal Linux directory (/directory1/directory2) point to the sharef folder (//path1/dir3).

To facilitatethe multithreaded read/write, you better enable this in all machines, however, not needed: the real path that needs access from every node is the CAS cache location (which should be already OK when you did the initial install).

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
mimran
Fluorite | Level 6

No that didn't work for me. I have tried with forward slashes as well but getting the same error, backslash worked in windows. 

mimran
Fluorite | Level 6

I have asked Linux Admin to mount shared drive on CAS server so waiting to hear back and test in SAS Viya environment. I will update further the steps and outcome. Thanks.

mimran
Fluorite | Level 6

Should this mount need to be on CAS or MS or all workers servers? Is there a document that shows step by step instructions?

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @mimran,

yes, you need a cifs mount, that will make a normal Linux directory (/directory1/directory2) point to the sharef folder (//path1/dir3).

To facilitatethe multithreaded read/write, you better enable this in all machines, however, not needed: the real path that needs access from every node is the CAS cache location (which should be already OK when you did the initial install).

mimran
Fluorite | Level 6

@Kurt_Bremser@JuanS_OCS Thank you! I was able to successfully mapped the drive. 

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Glad to hear! 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation