BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jei
Quartz | Level 8 jei
Quartz | Level 8

Hi!

I'm using SAS Visual Analytics 7.3 and trying to use the autoload. While reviewing the attached log file of the autoload, it seems that the table was loaded to LASR server. However, the table was not in the list of tables in Administrator whenever I checked it. May I know if the table was successfully loaded based on the log file? And are there specific ways to configure the autoload feature?

Thank you very much!

6 REPLIES 6
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello,

In short, this log file only says there is one table already on LASR, and no tables or files to be loaded.

NOTE: SCANNING LASR SERVER
TABLES:
      DAMARKETPRICES2013
--------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: IMPORT
NO NEW FILES TO IMPORT
NOTE: LOAD
NO NEW TABLES TO LOAD TO LASR

If you put a file on an autoload folder and it is not loading, some considerations. There are several autoload folders, each of them with a process to schedule. And you can even create additional custom autoload folders!

What can be happening in your case, is that you are dropping data in an autoload folder, on which you don;t have scheduled the autoload process on the Windows Scheduler. Maybe you have scheduled autoload, but on a different folder.

The folder you need to drop the data into is C:\sas94\config\Lev2\AppData\SASVisualAnalytics\VisualAnalyticsAdministrator\AutoLoad\VALIBLA

jei
Quartz | Level 8 jei
Quartz | Level 8

Hello @JuanS_OCS,

Since I dropped my data in VALIBLA folder in

C:\sas94\config\Lev2\AppData\SASVisualAnalytics\VsualAnalyticsAdministrator\AutoLoad\VALIBLA

Should I use the schedule.bat in the VALIBLA folder in 

C:\sas94\config\Lev2\Applications\SASVisualAnalytics\VisualAnalyticsAdministrator\VALIBLA

OR

I'll use the schedule.bat in

C:\sas94\config\Lev2\Applications\SASVisualAnalytics\VisualAnalyticsAdministrator

Thank you very much!

Kiwi_Colin
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi Jei
The standard is to put the data you want loaded into

C:\sas94\config\Lev2\AppData\SASVisualAnalytics\VsualAnalyticsAdministrator\AutoLoad

not

C:\sas94\config\Lev2\AppData\SASVisualAnalytics\VsualAnalyticsAdministrator\AutoLoad\VALIBLA

(i.e. not in the VALIBLA folder). The \Unload folder is for when you want to delete the VA table and the \Append folder is for when you want to append data to an existing VA table.

And the standard schedule.bat to use is in

C:\sas94\config\Lev2\Applications\SASVisualAnalytics\VisualAnalyticsAdministrator

These are the standard locations, however I recommend changing the autoload folder to a location away from the standard config files, as you don't really want users writing files into your config folder structure. But that's another topic!
Note, I teach the VA Admin course which covers this and other ways to load data.
jei
Quartz | Level 8 jei
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @Kiwi_Colin & @JuanS_OCS,

I tried dropping the data into \VALIBLA folder then use the schedule.bat in \VALIBLA folder AND I also tried to drop the data into \AUTOLAD folder then use the schedule.bat in \AUTOLOAD folder.

But I found no difference on their autoload logs. Still no table was loaded in LASR.

I really don't know why. Are there steps that you can share for autoloading tables? Or may I know what's wrong?

Attached are the two logs I got.

Thank you very much!

mskatymay
Calcite | Level 5

Hi jei,

I think your pathname has a typo, missing an "I".

Perhaps that is the issue?

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @jei,

I would expect it to be the first one.

The second one is good if you will drop data under C:\sas94\config\Lev2\AppData\SASVisualAnalytics\VsualAnalyticsAdministrator\AutoLoad

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation