BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
youki
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

I have a report with a bar char with 2 bars

I would like to know if in SAS VA 7.5 it is possible to add link1 to bar1 and link2 to bar2. Rather than having the same link for the whole bar chart graph.

I've tried in SAS VA7.4 and it's not possible.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Hello youki,

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do.

You want one bar in a bar chart to link to one place, and you want the other bar in the same chart to link to a different place?

I don't think this is possible. Depending on what you want to achieve with such a link, maybe there is a different approach that would give you the desired result.

Can you confirm if I am understanding correctly?

Thanks,
Sam
youki
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

Yes, you are understanding correctly.

Thanks

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
If the links are URL links and you administer the site you are linking to, you could get to different places based on the value of the bar that was clicked, by setting up parameters as part of the link definition on the Actions pane.

If the links are internal to the current report, I'm not sure if there is a workaround to get what you want. When you click a bar, the data on the destination page will be filtered using the value of that bar. So the two bars will give you a different result (linking to the same place, but with different data), but you probably already know that.

All in all, it is probably going to be better to set up links in a more straightforward way in a Text object.

I hope this helps,
Sam

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation