BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
killiangavin
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

Is it possible to transpose a table in SAS VA ?

I want to put the measures on the veritical axis and the categories on the horizontal axis. Is this possible to do by transposing my crosstab ?

Any help on this query would be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Killian 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

In 7.3, measures are always on columns in crosstabs. You cannot place measures on rows (unless they are being used as categories). 

In the current release (8.3.1) on SAS Viya you can place measures on the rows with a Placement option. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

In 7.3, measures are always on columns in crosstabs. You cannot place measures on rows (unless they are being used as categories). 

In the current release (8.3.1) on SAS Viya you can place measures on the rows with a Placement option. 

Tinker_
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Madelyn_SAS, 

could you please extend on this: the current release (8.3.1) on SAS Viya you can place measures on the rows with a Placement option.  I need to transpose one column of a table for one report to create a specific visual, but the other visual interpretations will not need that column transposed. 

Can I just transpose the data for one graph without destroying the integrity of the report and thereby losing the report control option?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation