BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
barlocaroni
Obsidian | Level 7

hello everyone,
I have a problem with the installation of SAS VA not distributed.
1) I downloaded the depot from SAS website
2) I launched setup.exe
3) I chose "Install sas software".
At this point I am not presented with the window to indicate the path to the SASHome but I am presented with a window where I can choose to install SAS Foundation or SAS Clients.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much

Carlo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CarmineVerrell
SAS Employee

Unfortunately, as you probably know, there isn’t a one button approach to installing SAS. So please go through the installation guides found at link I am attaching. You will most likely have to select a planned deployment and select from the generic plans we offer from the deployment wizard.  

How to use the Deployment Wizard

SAS® Deployment Wizard and SAS® Deployment Manager 9.4: User's Guide

How to install SAS on Windows guide

SAS 9.4 Installation Guide for Windows | SAS Support

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
CarmineVerrell
SAS Employee

Hi Carlo,

Well, it depends, so let's start off with some basic questions. 

Have you taken the SAS installation course or had some experience installing the SAS Platform?

Also, what does the installation look like? is this on a single machine server? Do you have a plan file? What's the o/s?

barlocaroni
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

- already installed SAS platform (EBI three machines)

- this one is "VA not distributed single machine"

- Win 2008 R2

Tks a lot

C

CarmineVerrell
SAS Employee

Unfortunately, as you probably know, there isn’t a one button approach to installing SAS. So please go through the installation guides found at link I am attaching. You will most likely have to select a planned deployment and select from the generic plans we offer from the deployment wizard.  

How to use the Deployment Wizard

SAS® Deployment Wizard and SAS® Deployment Manager 9.4: User's Guide

How to install SAS on Windows guide

SAS 9.4 Installation Guide for Windows | SAS Support

barlocaroni
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Carmine,

probably the problem is in the Win OS (... but no other server at the moment 😞 ) or in the pre - installation configuration.

Tsk for the links

C

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Microsoft support for Window Server 2008 R2 ended in January 2020. That means no security updates. Is there a reason for installing on an unsupported OS?

CarmineVerrell
SAS Employee

That is a good question about Microsoft support but there is a way to get updates. See below for more info.

Normally, we would want to updated and get a more recent version. So if possible, an upgrade would be the preference on windows.

Procedure to continue receiving security updates after extended support ends on January 14, 2020 (mi...

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @barlocaroni 

How did you download the software from SAS website? Software can either be download via SAS Download Manager or physical DVDs. Are you sure you have download the right software?

barlocaroni
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Anand_V, 

I downloaded the sw via Download Manager from SAS with my order, the process is completely automatic (I received a mail from SAS representative with the instructions to download the Depot).

Tks C

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation