BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi All,

I am trying to create a crosstab report in va as Row variable, column variable with Measure value as i want to see the matrix of the row x column measure value as 

it shows the sparse values (--) . 

also I would like to hide the measure value column names under the actual column name. please share if you come across this kind of issue.

thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

It does confirm that the lines indicating sparse values are expected. Unfortunately, you cannot remove those unless you change the data to be something other than sparse (e.g., missing or some dummy value). 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I am not able to visualize what you are asking. Do you have an example that you can post?

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Madelyan,

I am creating the cross tab report in va (viya) as i have selected column,row and measure. The combination of matrix some cross column * row does not have value so it appears as  (---) . 

also i have another question on the same cross tab as I have column,row and measure and I dont want to display measure name on my cross tab and would like to show only value 

column       a              b           c                d

(measure)  yye          ure           ree            gea

row

aa              10           5         2                  ---

bb              20          5          6                  55

cc              58            120     55                78

dd             47          45         87                ---

as shown in above table (measure) i have added for your understaing as  I dont want to disply yye ,ure,ree gea

please let me know thanks in advance

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

On the Options tab, you could change the color of the measure heading to white, or whatever color the background of the table is. 

Madelyn_SAS_0-1652196816458.png

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9
Thank you , this help us by suppress the name of the measure.

any about the -- in the above report .
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Using horizontal lines to represent non-existent values (aka, sparse values) is expected for a crosstab in 8.5 and later. That behavior cannot be changed. I don't see in the thread where the version is mentioned. Are you using 8.5 or later? 

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9
yes, we have sas viya 3.5 visual analytics will it helps anything.?

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

It does confirm that the lines indicating sparse values are expected. Unfortunately, you cannot remove those unless you change the data to be something other than sparse (e.g., missing or some dummy value). 

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9
okay thank you very much for the information.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation