BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

hI,

The is appear in one of the report and updated the long and lat for the map. this map is very clear and drilling accoring to user needs.

The problem is we cant see the same map in a new report. when i select new  section geo map and properties the above map is not appearing in the Esri - list. cant use the same map any more.

But the same map in same report can be moved to new section or copy to new section in the same report it is working fine with the new data.

the problem is why the map is not appearing in the ESRI list..? in new report , new section.?/ any help .. highly appreciated ...

7 REPLIES 7
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Hello,

I am not sure I understand your question. What do you mean that the map does not appear in the Esri list?

Could you share a screen capture of the UI where the map does not appear?

Thanks,
Sam
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9
Yeah... There is an option when we drag the Geo Map on the visualization
pane, right side properties -> select the map services >
there are two options one is default and ESRI , when we select ESRI there
should be listed the maps which are accesseble to select.

my case there is no map appearing in the Esri. options.

By default Openstreetmap will appear in the properties if we want to select
more maps then new window opens then select the map which we need.

The same way if I want maps from my own map server which had ESRI maps, in
the properties we can see two options 1)openstreetmap 2)ESRI , if we
selecgt ESRI then it will list all the maps which are relevent to our
project.

my case i cant see the any ESRI maps.

But there is a map which have already buildin report we can able to copy
that map in the same report new section. but i can't see same map in the
new report(geo map).

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
So the map service is not available to select when you create a new report section?

I will ask around to see if anyone has heard of this issue.

Thanks,
Sam
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9
Yes..Thank you in advance!!

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
Tariq
Calcite | Level 5

Did you setup the ESRI map service properly on the server? If not, you should ask your SAS server administrator to configure the ESRI properties per the administration and installation guide. It is simple to setup. Once done, restart the server and you should be able to see the list.

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Yes, ESRI map service was setup properly  only change was just updated the version of VA... before 7.1 the same setup was working and now 7.3 the same setup is done..no changes..expect version change..

when we use ESRI link in the browser it is working we can see the map links .. 

Tariq
Calcite | Level 5

Intresting. Since I am not familiar with 7.1, do you have the parameter that was used to point to the ESRI REST api and the trust server parameter? (the parameters in 7.3 - sas.web.cdps.knownHosts and va.SASGeomapEsriURL)

I am curious to see if that changed and may be causing your problem. Also, have you tried to reach the REST API link via a browser on the SAS server (just to test the connection / no firewall blocking)?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation