BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Simone2
Calcite | Level 5

HI,

I hope you can help me. I created a bar chart in SAS VA with customers (lattice columns) and sales per year (category).

There is a ranking on the top25 cutomers. However I do not have room to show all 25 customers. My bar chart will fail to show any data until I bring it back to a top 12. Is there a way to get to a barchart with a sliding pane.

Or will it be possible to make two graphs with top 12 in the first bar chart and top13-24 in the second graph. I do not know how to do that either with the ranking functionality in SAS VA.

Thanks a lot for your help

3 REPLIES 3
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Slect the bar chart and go to the propertietab to the left.

On the Properties tab, select the Show overview axis check box.
This will add an overview slider below the bar chart and you can scroll between values and even choose how many to show by resiziing the slider 🙂

Hope this helps you
BR
Fredrik
Simone2
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your reply. I had a look but  unfortunately that option is not available when you put a rank on your data.

Do you know any other option I can try ?

FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Strange, do you know which version of VA you are using?

I tried it on 7.1 and it worked with ranking...

//Fredrikrank_slider.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation