BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PieterSEG
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all

I have created a bar chart in SAS VA showing the frequency of records in 11 categories
(these are the first in a hierarchy thus the used i able to click further down on each category) . 
For each category there are three subclasses for which I have used a grouping.

I am looking fro a way to add vertical reference lines to bar chart separating three parts in the bar chart. 

Ideally, I would be able to color the background of the bar chart for these three parts in red / orange / green (see below). 
If this is impossible, I would like to add two vertical lines separating the red from the orange part and the orange from the green part. 

Does anyone has some pointers on how to do this ???

Figure1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I think you need to add three bar charts and color them individually.

You might also be able to create a user designed bar chart that looks like that using the graph builder.

There is no way you can do what you want with the standard bar chart, at least what I know 🙂

The vertical lines you can add with images.

//Fredrik

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pink_poodle
Barite | Level 11

In SAS VA Guide, section " Working with Visualization Data Ranges and Color Gradients ", there is a list of graphs where a color gradient can be customized. However, the bar chart is not on that list.

On the Properties tab of the bar chart, you can specify the option  Reference Lines

adds reference lines to the visualization. To create a reference line, click the Create new reference line button, and then specify the parameters for the line in the New Reference Line window.
The name of each reference line appears below the Reference Lines option. You can edit or delete your reference lines by using the icons next to each name.

- SAS VA Guide, " Working with Bar Charts "
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I think you need to add three bar charts and color them individually.

You might also be able to create a user designed bar chart that looks like that using the graph builder.

There is no way you can do what you want with the standard bar chart, at least what I know 🙂

The vertical lines you can add with images.

//Fredrik

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation