BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
dirks
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I just set up autoload in VA. I followed this guide: https://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2016/04/04/sas-visual-analytics-autoload-configuration-made-easy/

I can put tables into folders and they will be loaded into my Public LASR Library. So far so good, but the table is put in the wrong metadata folder.

How do I control the folder location?

I marked the table in yellow and it should be put in the red underlined folder.

Thanks and regards

DirLASR.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @dirks,

On the library properties (SAS Management Console) you can go to the Extended Attributes tab, and the VA.Default.MetadataFolder.

If you change this folder and restart LASR, and then trigger AutoLoad, it should autoload new tables in the new Metadata folder you have set up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @dirks,

On the library properties (SAS Management Console) you can go to the Extended Attributes tab, and the VA.Default.MetadataFolder.

If you change this folder and restart LASR, and then trigger AutoLoad, it should autoload new tables in the new Metadata folder you have set up.

dirks
Quartz | Level 8

Hello Juan,

thank you!

Does that mean I would have to create a Library for each set of tables?

I have got all my tables in the VA Public LASR Library and under there I have different folder locations for each report/data mart.

lasr2.JPG

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hey @dirks!

yes, for that kind of structure, I would recommend you either create different autoload folders for each metadata folder you need or either nto to use autoload, but use sas procedures/code to load the tables on the folders you need.

dirks
Quartz | Level 8

@JuanS_OCS wrote:

Hey @dirks!

yes, for that kind of structure, I would recommend you either create different autoload folders for each metadata folder you need or either nto to use autoload, but use sas procedures/code to load the tables on the folders you need.

Juan,

isn't the autoload only per Library? Where do I tell it to use a different metadatafolder? Do you know a guide on how to autoload with procedures or code?

Thanks!

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Indeed, mantra:

1 autoload folder == 1 autoload SAS library == 1 Autload Metadata folder

If you know how to program SAS, it is quite easy what you mention. And if not, I would recommend you to get on-board a SAS programmer.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation