BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Dear Community,

in our project we are using Visual Analytics 7.5 with Geomaps and custom polygons.

We followed the instructions at https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=vaag&docsetTarget=n09tvhnyrosr8mn1nmw7u3akrb1e.htm&docsetVer...

However there is one sentence in the documentation which puzzles us.

If your SAS Visual Analytics deployment uses multiple server contexts, then add the LIBNAME statement to the file for each server context.

We use multiple server contexts. We do not use the SASApp server context at all. So we defined the MAPSCSTM library in all server contexts, but SASApp.

With the effect that the custom map polygons do not work unless we add the library to the SASApp server context. It seems like all SAS VA reports retrieve their custom polygon data from the SASApp context (even if all VA data is located in LASR libraries of other server contexts).

So the question is: how is it determined which server context is used to provide the custom polygon data?

Where can we configure SAS VA to use our custom server context and not use SASApp?

Best Regards

Andreas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Hello Andreas,

Sorry you are having trouble with the custom polygons. It is a tricky feature on the SAS 9 platform but easier on Viya.

I asked about this and was given this info:

"If the GeographicalMappingService stored process is assigned to the SASApp server context (which is the default), then they will need to add the MAPSCSTM LIBNAME statement under SASApp as well.

The GeographicalMappingService stored process can be viewed in SAS Management Console under
/System/Applications/SAS Web Infrastructure Platform/Web Infrastructure Platform 9.4/Utilities

Under the Properties > Execution tab, verify the selected application server."

I don't fully understand this and am seeking some clarification, but I thought I would go ahead and share it with you.

Sam

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Hello Andreas,

Sorry you are having trouble with the custom polygons. It is a tricky feature on the SAS 9 platform but easier on Viya.

I asked about this and was given this info:

"If the GeographicalMappingService stored process is assigned to the SASApp server context (which is the default), then they will need to add the MAPSCSTM LIBNAME statement under SASApp as well.

The GeographicalMappingService stored process can be viewed in SAS Management Console under
/System/Applications/SAS Web Infrastructure Platform/Web Infrastructure Platform 9.4/Utilities

Under the Properties > Execution tab, verify the selected application server."

I don't fully understand this and am seeking some clarification, but I thought I would go ahead and share it with you.

Sam
AndreasMenrath
Pyrite | Level 9
Thank you very much. That undocumented STP did the trick!
You saved my day 🙂
Andreas
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Excellent! I will investigate whether the documentation should be updated to include this information.

Thanks,

Sam

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation