BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
abcde
Obsidian | Level 7

Anyone has an idea when 7.4 would be available?

10 REPLIES 10
AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi abcde,

SAS Visual Analytics 7.4 is currently available, and was just recently released. Here are a couple of links with info:

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

mike2468
Obsidian | Level 7

Is there an install guide or any other documentation that will assist with the 7.3 to 7.4 update process?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

This link contains documentation for all versions of SAS VA including installation guides:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/va/index.html#va74

Gregor_Herrmann
SAS Employee

SAS Visual Analytics 7.4 ­­­­– My Personal Top 5 Enhancements

Visual Analytics 7.4 based on SAS 9.4 M4 has just recently been released. After having a closer look at it, here are my top 5 enhancements:

1. Dynamic text: You will benefit from it in nearly every report: Display a dynamic measure value in a large font, display the current filter selection or when the underlying data was last updated.
  2. Improved Calculations: It has been made easier to create time based cumulative measures with an option to offset the starting period.
  3. HTML5 Viewer: Improved performance, adding export to Excel and bringing back page navigation via tabs.
  4. New parameter types: Parameters based on dates, date/time formats and multiple selection parameters of all types allow them to be used more flexible.
  5. Cascading Prompts: Filter controls placed at the report level and the section level can now include dependencies.

If you want to learn in detail what is new in release 7.4 of SAS Visual Analytics check out here : http://support.sas.com/software/products/visual-analytics/index.html#s1=1

SASKiwi
PROC Star

We can't wait to get our hands on the VA 7.4 enhancements as we already have many reports that will benefit from them. Planning our 7.4 upgrade already.

mike2468
Obsidian | Level 7
Dynamic text is a great feature and very easy to implement. Very happy with 7.4 so far.
lrozzelle
Calcite | Level 5

is the update to 7.4 included in the license, or do we have to pay for that?

RickStyll_SAS
SAS Employee

If your organization is a current VA customer, you do not have to pay extra for the upgrade to VA 7.4.

ccaulkins91
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, Rick -
We haven't spoken before this, I think, but I was looking over your 2013 Enterprise Bsuiness Intelligence paper:
having spoken to @@matt_hall at SAS Federal land @@ ahmed al attar, the client being the U.S. Census Bureau who still isn't fully committed to moving on from 9.2 to 9.4 -
so, Web Report Studio ad OLAP cubes in batch reign supreme 😞 for the time being
My question is a bit broader: would you say there has been enough progress with WRS integration to SAS VA solutions or can we(they) still squeeze some reporting functionality out of 9.2 while 9.4 migration/upgrade is going on?

Regards, Chad Caulkins

Data Dugger
RickStyll_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Chad,

Thank you for your question. Just getting a chance to respond. The only integration point between SAS Web Report Studio (WRS) and SAS Visual Analytics is that you can load a LASR table based on an information map. As you likely know, WRS uses information maps as an abstraction to all data sources. There certainly is a great deal of functionality in VA that existed in WRS, and VA does many things that WRS did not. We recently added dynamic text in VA 7.4, which existed in WRS. We are planning to add more of the capabilities that WRS provides, such as measure placement in a crosstab.

WRS evolved in 9.3 and is fully supported on all maintenance release of SAS 9.4. I think customers still using WRS can certainly benefit from its reporting and OLAP capabilities while leveraging VA for other use cases where things like mobile delivery, visual discovery, and approachable analytics are important, to name a few.

Rick

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 32 likes
  • 8 in conversation