BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SnehasisTTPL
Fluorite | Level 6

SAS VA 7.3 report viewer mode in crosstab object users wants to sort measure as per their requirment but it's not reflecting or not working.Please help me if is there any option.As a reference please have a look attached two screen shots.

Ascsort.png

dscsort.png

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

Do you only see this behavior with that specific report, and only in viewer mode?

I tried this with a similar crosstab and the sorting appears to work properly.

sort1.png

sort2.png

You might need to contact SAS technical support.

Thanks,

Sam

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi @SnehasisTTPL,

As we are unable to see your category items on the left of your crosstab, I'm guessing that there are unique levels for each row in the report. Therefore with the nested grouping structure you have whether you sort ascending or descending it will appear the same as it seems you may only have one value per nested group.

If you have a look at @Sam_SAS's output you will see there are a number of DriveTrain levels in each Type and therefore when the sort order is changed the sort is within each of the nested groupings as designed.

Please let the community know whether this is the case in your report.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
SnehasisTTPL
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi MichelleH,

Got your point sort  within each of the nested groupings But in my case there is no groupings simple there are unique levels for each row.It's working in Report Designer mode but not in a viewer mode.For better understanding please have a look attached screen shots both Report designer mode and report Viewer Mode for same crosstab.

RVdesc.png

RDdesc.png

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi,

It is unusual the figures are not the same. Is it possible that there is a report filter coming through or another type of filter or interaction? Check the filter tab, is there anything specified there? Check that you have the same number of rows being returned in the object when in report viewer and designer mode.

Its also difficult to troubleshoot as you have covered the category levels, obviously for sensitivity reasons however it makes it hard for the community to compare and advise.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation