BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
markbest98
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, 

I have tried to install a new software component using DeploymentWizard. However the installation not finish, and my old software, VisualAnalytics, stopped to work. My accounts stopped working, and everything else. I have made a manual backup of sas_install and sas_config folders. Is possible to made everything back to normal? How can I do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Well the good news is that a single server non-distributed installation is easier to restore, the bad news is it will still be tricky to fix.

I'd suggest you open a track with SAS Tech Support. They are in the best position to diagnose how "broken" VA is and whether it is possible to fix it. Looks like you will need to restore your SAS metadata as well as your configurations.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You haven't provided enough information for us to give you appropriate advice. Is this a single or multi server installation? Is VA distributed or non-distributed? Is your OS Linux or Windows?

Best practice for restoring VA servers would be to do a complete server restore. Is this possible in your case?

markbest98
Calcite | Level 5
I'm sorry for provide no information. About my installation, it is a VA non-distributed, on a single server, hosted on an instance using RHEL 7. My current instance has no working snapshot. My fault was not do this before begin installation.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Well the good news is that a single server non-distributed installation is easier to restore, the bad news is it will still be tricky to fix.

I'd suggest you open a track with SAS Tech Support. They are in the best position to diagnose how "broken" VA is and whether it is possible to fix it. Looks like you will need to restore your SAS metadata as well as your configurations.

markbest98
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks for your help! I restore my metadata and configurations and back on track again. I just need to fix one problem if logon credentials, but I will open a track with SAS Tech Support.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Good to hear. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation