BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KarunaTiwari
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

I am creating similar kinds (not same) of Reports for 5 different Geographies.

What will be better in terms of Report Performance- Creating One table in EG for all the Geos and filtering the data in Reports or Creating 5 different tables and using them in 5 Reports??

PS - The data is huge for all the Geos and the Reports are taking considerable amount of time in Opening.

Thanks in advance,

Karuna Tiwari

2 REPLIES 2
Erik_Zencos
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Karuna, you should do some testing first. If you create one big table in EG, and use a datasourcefilter in VA on the LASR table, and it takes more than ca 7 seconds to open a report (more than that, and the report users are going to be annoyed) you should create 5 smaller LASR tables.

I don't remember the source, but reasearh found about 7 seconds to be max for opening a report before users have a negative experience, so I always try to have that as my limit. The alternative then is to add more hardware.

Regards,

Erik Meyer

KarunaTiwari
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks for your reply Erik!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation